Release note – Version 220.127.116.11
- CAT frequency display is now user configurable for best visual comfort in Settings -> CAT
- Added viewable Clublog Sent, QRZCom Sent, HamQTH Sent fields to the list of available fields in grid.
- Faster LOTW download. “paper qsl confirmation download” made optional. You should use it only when you have new paper qsl registered and validated by ARRL. Download is disabled by default.
- Alert engine fixes and optimizations.
- JT interface message parser has been completely rewrited.
- Added capability to read ADIF message 12 directly from WSJT-x (ADIF message).
Note: This option (new in configuration screen) should NOT be used with JTAlert automatic log options, JTAlert UDP ADIF send and WSJT-x native UDP ADIF send or you will probably log twice the same QSO.
- Small label fixes on User Interface.
- Popup alert for new releases added.
- Added supercluster connection status on cluster screen.
- Detailed logs added in case of failed upload to external services (payload provided is always saved when upload fails).
- UDP logs now shown on logfile only in DEBUG mode. That will provide better performances.
- EQSL data matching improved. Now received “SSB” will be searched also as “USB” and “LSB”. USB and LSB are now searched in log as SSB also.
- Added 45 seconds maximum wait for TQSL to complete operations on program closure.
- [FIX] LOTW Upload confirmation from QSO Edit form fixed.
- [FIX] QSO already marked as received no more updated (initial eqsl download date preserved) in EQSL download.
- [FIX] Audio keyer won’t stop PTT when message finishes.
- [FIX] Cluster visualization issue related to VOACAP calculations prevented data visualization.
- [FIX] Fixed issue on user specified login/password when connecting to cluster service.
- [FIX] Revised internal conversion from number to strings (ex. ADIF FREQ EXPORT).
- [FIX] Start-end date format fixed in contest configuration screen.
– major defect in FT8 decoder fixed for 64bit builds, affected all previous Linux/Mac 64bit JTDX builds: improved FT8 decoder efficiency and decreased decoding time
– JTDX-win64 build is made under Qt 5.14.0, approximately 1.6 times faster in decoding FT8 signals (tested with 4 threads) on overcrowded band versus JTDX-win32 built under Qt 5.5
– reworked meter stuff, now should be also bulletproof around enabling meter for rigs where it is not supported. RF output power indication should work with Icoms: ic7000, ic7100, ic7200, ic7300, ic7410, ic756pro3, ic7600, ic7610, ic7700, ic7800, ic785x with new introduced RFPOWER_METER level function.
– attempt to get S-meter indication for Yaesu ft100,ft450,ft600,ft736,ft757gx,ft950,ft1000mp,ft1200,ft2000,ft5000,ft9000
– attempt to enable RF output power indication for new Yaesu radios using newcat protocol
– reworked S-meter indication for any new Yaesu radio where newcat protocol being used
– FT8 FT4 decoders shall clear in current interval audio frames received prior to the band change
– attempt to prevent “CQ DE AA00” false message created by FT8 decoder
– allow to set AF RX frequency below 200 Hz
– status bar: date format is changed to DD.MM.YYYY
– LoTW users file is updated, cty.dat is updated to CTY-3001 version
– JTDX 2.1.0-rc147 is built with modified Hamlib v20200123
1. Version 1 SQLite database is not compatible with Version 2
2. An ADIF file in ADIF 3.0 format must be exported from Version 1 of Log4OM
3. A new database must be created in Version 2 and the ADIF file then imported into it
4. Version 2 configuration is different to version 1 so needs setting up new
If all else fails read the user guides and watch the YouTube tutorials
- Enhanced Omnirig error handling
- HAMLIB logics reworked to make it working as it should
- HAMLIB PTT parameters correctly saved fix
- Cluster interlock enhancements
- Cluster data visualization improvements
- Info provider page now shows the details of connection errors
- Added selected/total counter in qso grids
- Cluster start button now can be used to stop cluster in main UI
- Send spot button disabled when cluster is not connected
- Added 2 new buttons to force SPOT send from popup screen with notes
- [FIX] Removed worked before refresh button
- [FIX] Alert filters doesn’t trigger if reporter continent is set under some circumstances
- [FIX] Added missing password encoding on some external calls
- [FIX] Added ADIF check on import for empty file/incomplete basic data provided
- [FIX] Main UI labels fixed
- [FIX] Multiple award list in dropdown menu
- [FIX] CQ and ITU zones fixed in QSO EDIT
- [FIX] HRDLog status update
- [FIX] [OmniRig] Fixed issue on RIG2 when RIG1 is not available
- [FIX] Spot incorrectly reports TX VFO frequency during SPLIT operations on 2 VFO rigs
*** Includes Callsign database file version 2020-01-24 (2020-January-24)
– Log4OM V2: Full support for Log4OM V2, both SQLite and MySQL logs.
– Log4OM V1/V2 SQLite logs: “Test” button to check log file selected is a valid SQLite file for the Log4OM version and contains QSO records.
See Settings window, “Logging -> Log4OM…” sections.
– Logging option: New “Do not check or report logging success/failure”. This option when ticked (off by default) instructs JTAlert to not try and confirm that a QSO was logged by reading the Loggers log directly. Once the logging instruction has been sent, JTAlert goes back to normal operation, there are no delays or hangs as JTAlert is stuck waiting to confirm the QSO was logged. JTAlert will however still report a logging failure when it could not initially establish the TCP or UDP connection to the target logger.
– MySQL support: libmysql.dll file updated to v6.1.10 (previously v5.1.37)
– ADIF logging: Excessive time to confirm QSO logged successfully when using large adif files. 200,000 record check now takes ~1 sec (previous ~45 secs)
Release note – Version 18.104.22.168
- [NEW] Added capability to run multiple instances
- [NEW] Added “Select required” button for quick QSL upload. Required status is based on user preferences expressed in SETTINGS -> USER CONFIGURATION -> CONFIRMATIONS menu option
- [NEW] Incremental worked before search in worked before grids. [WORKED BEFORE] notification will appears only on exact callsign match.
- [NEW] Added worked before screen in main UI (F10)
- [NEW] Unlocked command line arguments:
/RESETLAYOUT -> remove all configured layouts in data grids
/REMOVEUSERFILES -> remove all user edited files in the settings folder
/RESETMAPCACHE -> reset the google maps map cache and reduce it’s size
/SCHEDULER -> reset internal operation scheduler to factory
/FACTORYRESET -> remove all user configurations except saved backups
Usage: L4ONG.exe <parameter1> … <parameterX> eg: L4ONG.exe /RESETLAYOUT
- Improved logging on UDP parser
- [FIX] files marked with “_user” suffix not correctly retrieved under some circumstances.
- [FIX] cluster time was not correctly sorted after first couple of QSO’s.
- [FIX] my references is not shown when editing a QSO. This may result in a loss of information.
- [FIX] IARU region not correctly read when different from country value
- [FIX] Clustermanagement menu Exit now working
Welcome to Log4OM V2.
Log4OM support is direct from the development team and the user community, this guarantees to all users the best experience and a fast resolution of any problems. If you are an experienced user and can help, please do so!
If you need help please ask for support, however please be polite and provide a comprehensive description of the issue. The team dedicate their free time to support Log4OM users so please ensure that you read the forums and manuals before requesting support.
Like any software, Log4OM V2 is not perfect, despite the best efforts of the team! To avoid and reduce problems Log4OM has a wide range of functions which support the user and a very aggressive backup policy. However users are ultimately responsible for their own logs so always make sure to periodically check the creation of backups and activate, if possible, the secondary backup function on to a different disk or into a synchronized folder in the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.). Finally upload your logs regularly to one or more of the online services, Log4OM will do these uploads automatically.
Log4OM is as free, however if you want to support future development a small donation to cover license and hosting costs will be very welcome,
Finally thank you for your support during the last eight years, the team will endeavour to justify your future confidence in Log4OM.
Daniele Pistollato – IW3HMH & The Team
Update JT-Alert 2.15.6 voor WSJT-X
*** Includes Callsign database file version 2020-01-01 (2020-January-01)
– Length of time old decoded callsigns will remain visible when there are no new incoming decodes is now configurable from 1 to 10 mode periods. A setting of 1 period will give a similar result to previous JTAlert versions where callsigns are displayed for one period only. (Default: 2 periods, Window: Settings, Section: “Window”).
– JTAlert will detect any changes in Windows audio output device ordering, which typically happens when the default device is changed. JTAlert will adjust to using any new device id assigned to your named JTAlert audio device. There can be up to a 60 sec delay before device reordering is detected. Note: any addition or removal of Windows audio devices while JTAlert is running is not handled and may break JTAlert audio, JTAlert will need to be restarted to account for the changes in number of Windows output devices.
– JTAlert no longer preemptively clears the callsigns prior to a new batch of decodes is received from WSJT-X, instead the Callsigns are cleared just prior to a new batch of Callsigns is to be displayed. If WSJT-X fails to decode a period or monitoring is turned off, the last batch of displayed Callsigns will remain visible, matching the last batch of decodes displayed in WSJT-X.
– Cached callsign data (dxcc, zones, state, etc) now reused across JTAlert sessions (previously cleared at start of each session). Callsign data is auto-cleared after 7 days which will trigger a new lookup when the call is next decoded. This will help reduce alerting delays during the initial decode periods when JTAlert is first started on very busy bands.
– Faster display of the decoded Callsigns at the end of an Rx period.
– “Check QSO Log Record” time setting moved from the “Performance” section to the “Logging” section of the Settings window.
– Band Activity popup window showing an unwanted taskbar button.
– Decodes database storing decode data from instance #1 only. (2.15.4 defect)
– Decodes distance column header text showing “km” instead of “Miles” after loading a Layout file when the settings specify miles display.
– Decodes Layout not restored correctly. Note: The default all columns layout may be shown when this version is run for the first time, with future runs the last used layout will be correctly shown.
Version 5.99f 04/01/2020
This version includes the following corrections/enhancements:
- Corrected: Multiple instances of WSJT-X/JTDX: Pending Log QSO Requests were not processed automatically in most cases. Corrected some other reported issues.
- Corrected: Realtime saving: QSO failed to be uploaded in some online services.
- Corrected: several error messages after or while resequencing QSO, compressing database or restoring desktop while having UDP link enabled with WSJT-X / JTDX / MSHV / JS8Call.
- Corrected: EURAO logo: when placing mouse cursor over the EURAO logo “Radio Telegrapy Super High Speed CLub” was displayed.
- Corrected: QSL Action: if QSL actions rules from membership panel was enabled, QSL action was set to EURAO if no member of Lotw and eQSL only.
- Corrected: TX toolbar and Transceiver control window: Error message “xxxxx is not a correct integer value” in countries where thousand separator is not comma or dot.
- Updated: 30MDG, AGCW, ARLHS, BCA, CLUBLOG, CWOPS, DCE, DCI, DEE, DEFE, DERESP, DFCF, DIG, DME, DMVE, EA QRP, EPC, eQSL, FISTS, FOC, HSC, IOTA, LYNX, LOTW, MF, NDG, SKCC, SOTA, TBDXC, TEN TEN, URE, WCA and WFF statistics on 04/01/2020
- Updated country table. THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Erik, EI4KF.
This version includes the following corrections/enhancements:
- IMPORTANT CORRECTION AND CHANGE: DX windows: Swisslog freezes in a high traffic scenario. A couple of changes related to mouse double clicking were needed to do in order to apply this important correction:
- Previously you could activate different actions by double clicking on a spot (default actions: Tune + turn antenna). NOW you have to press Alt + double click on a spot to perform these actions.
- Disabled maximizing a window by double clicking on the window title. Necessary to avoid “ghost” double clicks when lots of spots are entering in the DX windows. Use the maximize button when you need to maximize any window.
- VERY IMPORTANT: If you use Telnet connection, NEVER connect to a Reverse Beacon server! These servers are sending continuous spots overloading the DX window. Despite this fix, connecting to a Reverse Beacon server will cause Swisslog freezing or even crashing.
- NEW: Multiple instances of WSJT-X / JTDX / JS8Call and MSHV multislot support! Important changes have been made in the WSJT-X link so please read the following sections of the Digital Modes Interfaces chapter in the Swisslog help:
- WSJT-X / JTDX / MSHV / JS8Call UDP Settings
- WSJT-X / JTDX / MSHV / JS8Call Operation
- NEW: Support for OmniRig v2.1 (www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig)! This version supports up to 4 transceivers and implements minimum polling interval of 20ms! Both OmniRig v1 and Omnirig v2 can be installed in parallel. In Options / Transceiver control check the option “Omnirig V2” to use this enhanced version. Please read the Transceiver Control chapter in the Swisslog help to get more details!
- NEW: HRDLOG ON AIR: Now you can enable Swisslog to send periodically to HRDLOG the frequency, mode and transceiver/antenna used to set the On Air flag. Go to Options / Online Logbooks / HRDLOG.
- NEW: Band maps: a new option has been added in the pop up menu to hide all dupe QSOs (dupes by band/mode).
- NEW: DX Alert window: now double clicking on an Alert, Swisslog will tune radio, turn antenna (if available) and add the alert to the QSO Entry window. Also the window will automatically scroll down to display always the latest alert.
- NEW: Membership panel: Added EURA EuroBureau QSL. QSL Action field will be set to “EUROQSL” if EURA member but not member of URE,URA,RCA,REF,eQSL and LoTW.
- NEW: Added CANADAWARD in the Region field for VE stations (Provinces and Territories).
- NEW: Reading from Callbook data: Now the VE State may be copied into the Region field automatically (if the Region field is checked in the Callbook options – Field copy instructions) to help handling the CANADAWARD statistic.
- NEW: QSO Entry and Statistics views: added field MY_OPCALL (Operator Call) to the Previous and New QSOs tab and Statistic views when double clicking on a cell.
- NEW: Register QSL Cards: Added the field QSL Card Nr. You can now enter directly your QSL Card Nr while registering QSL cards.
- Improved: Realtime saving in online services: the QSO saving procedure may took lot of time, more noticeable if saving QSO in several online services at once. Now it works faster even saving in all online services because multithreading is used.
- Corrected: Saving QSO: Access violation in oleaut32.dll. This happened sometimes when working again the same station and a new QTH should be added for the QSO partner. Thank you very much to Christian, HB9DBC for helping me to solve this important issue!
- Corrected: saving QSO: working again the same station and the proposed QTH name already existed on the list, caused losing new award info. Now a new QTH for the QSO partner will be created in the format: proposedname/n where n is a sequence number. i.e ML/1, ML/2 etc.
- Corrected: WSJT-X / JTDX Band Maps: improved band map response to display band activity from WSJT-X / JTDX.
- Corrected: WSJT-X / JTDX Band maps: continuous violation error messages. This happened if no DX window or Band maps were open.
- Corrected: WSJT-X / JTDX Band maps: clicking/double clicking in a call having the dupe sign (D), erased the (D) in the call until next decode.
- Corrected: WSJT-X / JTDX Band maps: band map is cleared when band or mode changes.
- Corrected: Quick View: no statistic info after entering references for the following awards: DCE,DEFE,DEE,DMVEA,EA puentes,DVGE,DMVE.
- Corrected: JTDX TCP link: FT4 QSOs were saved as MFSK mode.
- Corrected: QSO Entry: Field C_DXCC from the Callbook table was not set in many QSOs causing the sort key table to not calculate correctly the QSL Sort rules when printing QSL cards.
- Corrected: Flex Radio transceiver control: some users have experienced to not be able to type a callsign longer than 3 characters in the Add QSO window when using the Flex Radio.
- Corrected: Band definitions: Changed the High Frequency limit to 4000, 7300, 54000, 148000 and 450000 for 80m,40m,2m,6m and 70cm respectively to meet all IARU Region frequency limits.
- Corrected: LoTW/eQSL synch windows: some small cosmetic corrections.
- Corrected: Save backup: the Backup File full path was always set to the default folder (DBSave) even if user used another folder in the last backup. Now Swisslog will recall the latest folder and filename used.
- Corrected: DB error when editing a QSO having a QSL Manager with a portable callsign (i.e. EA3GCV/KH2).
- Corrected: using ARSVCOM as rotor control: if program was already running before starting Swisslog, a warning was released informing that ARSVCOM was already running. This was annoying and had no sense.
- Changed: WSJT-X / JTDX Band Maps: default statistic at first band map startup changed from DXCC to DXCC-DATA.
- Corrected: SFI field: SFI field was not set when saving QSOs from WSJT-X / JTDX / SIMPSK / DM780.
- Corrected: Japanese prefectures: statistic definitions changed to accept eQSL confirmations.
- Corrected: CW Skimmer: “Connection refused” error when activating Cw Skimmer with the CW button. Exiting Swisslog while connected to CW Skimmer caused Swisslog not starting again and a computer restart was needed.
- Added: Satellite list: added AISAT-1,BO-102, DO-64,JO-97, LO-78, NO-103, NO-104, PO-101, QO-100.
- Added: World map: added AS-206 in the IOTA layer.
- Updated: 30MDG, AGCW, ARLHS, BCA, CLUBLOG, CWOPS, DCE, DCI, DEE, DEFE, DERESP, DFCF, DIG, DME, DMVE, EA QRP, EPC, eQSL, FISTS, FOC, HSC, IOTA, LYNX, LOTW, MF, NDG, SKCC, SOTA, TBDXC, TEN TEN, URE, WCA and WFF statistics on 24/12/2019
- Updated country table. THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Erik, EI4KF.