- [NEW] Contact map has been added on every QSO grid in the bottom options. The map will show 4 and 6-digits locator of the contact (if available). Double click on large or small grid will provide a list of QSO. Filters are applied if set.
- [NEW] Added FT4/FT8 cluster filters in cluster VIEW tab and band map
- [NEW] Added sunrise/sunset data of the selected QSO below greyline map
- [NEW] When KHz area of frequency receives a decimal (or thousand) separator as input, the focus will move to Hz. This will allow adding frequency a more straightforward activity.
- [NEW] Ptt toggle option to switch TX/RX on single keypress instead of constant keypress (settings – CAT)
- [NEW] Frequency is sent to PSTRotator when changed by more than 10KHz (SteppIR antenna only)
- [NEW] QSO massive date/time update added to QSO Management
- [NEW] Added load/save filter capabilities to grids
- [NEW] Added load/save buttons on QSO Management direct query
- [NEW] You can now update MY REFERENCES and MY ASSOCIATIONS massively on QSO Management screen
- Winkeyer now accept ENTER key both in direct and normal mode. In Direct type mode the string is saved into log and cleared, while in normal mode the string is sent without needs to use the SEND button
- Band map now has maximum age spot parameter in cluster settings
- Optimizations in map image loading functions
- Internal log optimizations
- Added more eQSL details on UPLOAD screen
- FSK441 and MSK144 modes now reports in dB on RST dropdown lists
- ADIF import: improved country reorganization when no DXCC is provided
- ADIF import: an alert is now reported if the MODE / SUBMODE is not recognized.
- QSO edit form now shows inactive countries
- TQSL routine hardened. Added 120sec timeout
- Added new award option to prevent multiple references on the same QSO for awards that does not allow this behavior
- Blocked multiple reference creation on single QSO on awards that allows only 1 reference on QSO. NOTE: That will NOT prevent multiple references creation if identified automatically by external sources.
- [FIX] Winkeyer. Fixed issue when typing ENTER key in direct mode
- [FIX] Massive QSO update LAT/LONG error fixed
- [FIX] Band RX cleared when CAT disconnected
- [FIX] Band Map horizontal line not shown when confirmation view is selected but nothing is needed for that QSO.
- [FIX] Fixed default values for LOTW, QSL, EQSL sent and received status on ADIF import when that info are missing in the inbound flow.
- [FIX] Supercluster not shown when reporter continent filter is set in cluster.
- [FIX] EQSL Satellite mode upload fixed
- [FIX] Fixed deadlock on program closure when update activities were running in background
- [FIX] Fixed import issue for MY_CQ_ZONE and MY_ITU_ZONE
- [FIX] MyReferences field empty in QSL Manager
- [FIX] QSLMSG import error
WSJT-X v2.2.2 is a bug fix release, mainly to incorporate the new RAC section PE into the FT8/FT4/MSK144 Contest Mode for Field Day.
– Stations intending to operate in Field Day (FD) are urged to upgrade to this release, without it you cannot set your section to PE, and of equal importance you cannot decode contest messages from stations who are operating from PE without this upgrade.
– FT8 decoder speeded up in Normal and Fast modes. This change gives a speed of decoding closer to that of v2.1.2 without compromising the number of decodes. It is particularly targeted for slower single board computer users such as the Raspberry Pi Model 3 or similar.
– Thanks to our user interface language translation contributors for many improvements to the translated strings.
– The DX Grid field is now cleared automatically when the DX Call field is changed. Care should be taken to complete entry of a callsign before entering a grid square.
*** Includes Callsign database file version 2020-06-19 (2020-Jun-19)
– WSJT-X decode highlighting: If the JTAlert CQ Alert is enabled than WSJT-X decodes ending in “73” or “RR73”, indicating that the DX station has ended their QSO, will have the “73” or “RR73” colored with the CQ Alert colors.
– Decodes Window: Occasional delay/hang (up to ~30sec) of the Decodes window closing when JTAlert is closed
– Decodes Window: Random corruption of the decodes database.
– Alert Priority management: Incorrect display with entries missing after using the “Bottom” button or the “Down” button to bring an entry to the bottom of the list display.
– restored band scheduler functionality
– implemented called list in QSO history with 300 second active state for callsign
– patch to AutoSeq: QSO shall be resumed upon getting R+REPORT message
– prevent starting AutoSeq4+ in wrong interval while listening(DX Call is empty), it caused message transmission in wrong interval
– improved AutoSeq SkipTx1 functionality
– compound callsign shall be changed to base one in QSO history upon getting incoming call with base callsign (compound to nonstandard callsign QSO)
– attempt to improve audio frames handling
– let Windows users to decode some FT8 intervals with drops of audio stream. Signals in such intervals will have wrong DT, added debug recording for forced decoding due to audio drops into ALL.TXT file.
– Windows OS: lost audio blocks notification and tooltip in Band Activity label
– typo error in frequency list: T10 mode frequency is changed to 24920000
– added new FT8 frequencies to 40, 30, 20 and 6m bands
– Misc tab: added option to hide decoded telemetry messages
– option to clean up wanted callsign from list at logging, enabled by default. ‘Clr’ checkbox is located close to wanted callsign list, added tooltip.
– option to clean wanted grid at logging, new Clr checkbox and tooltip added
– option to hide own callsign decodes in WSPR mode
– reworked starting of decoder for partial interval decoding
– clear 12-bit hashtable if band|mode changed
– added WSJT-X 2.2.0 FT8 protocol changes
– improved sync to CQ signals: better FT8 decoder sensitivity for non-overlapped signals
– a bit improved FT8 decoding efficiency
– improved FT8 decoder sensitivity in subpass and SWL modes, also improved for incoming call on QSO TX/RX frequencies
– FT8 decoder shall use single thread in auto mode for dual logical core CPU
– withdrawn ‘more than 3 threads’ criterion for extra FT8 decoder cycles activation
– patch: FT8S messages with hashed callsign shall be parsed
– catching protocol violation: FT8 AP false decode ‘mycall <…> grid’
– prevent most false decodes in DX Call searching
– some more false decode filters added
– patch to ‘monitor off at startup’ functionality
– intermediate JTDX builds (internal testing) shall expire in three months
– under Windows OS stdout/stderr of jtdx process shall be passed to CLI
– defined path to static LIBUSB library to let making win64 builds under JTSDK
– attempt to add QDarkStyle in JTDX, so far working under Linux only with some fonts with key -stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss
– translation updates
– ALLCALL7.TXT file update as of June 15th, LoTW users list is updated, big cty.dat as of May 20th 2020
– JTDX 2.1.0-rc151 is built with modified Hamlib source code tagged as rc151
– 4m Band Alerting: All the Wanted Alerts, Scan Log, QSO History & Bands Confirmed display now support the 4m band.
– Multiple Grids per QSO Logs: Logs that support recording multiple grids (1,2 or 4) are now supported by the Scan Log & Rebuild operation for updating the internal “Wanted Grid” lists and the Worked B4 checks. Currently only DXKeeper and standard ADIF logs are supported.
– WSJT-X decode highlighting: The grid in a decode is now only colored if a Wanted Grid Alert is generated using the Grid Alert colors.
– WSJT-X decode highlighting: Only the “CQ Callsign” in a CQ decode is colored, previously the entire decode “CQ Callsign Grid” was colored.
– WSJT-X decode highlighting: For non-CQ decodes, only the DX Callsign is Coloured, previously the exchange part of the decode (eg, report, grid,
RR73, etc) was also colored.
– WSJT-X 2.2.x FT8: Random loss of some early first-pass FT8 decodes received at the 11 second point of the Rx period.
Release note – Version 126.96.36.199
- [NEW] label “SAT MODE” now show the satellite name if selected
- [NEW] Added Band map in main UI (with HIDE button on bottom right)
- [NEW] SPOT SEND screen will now allow you to recover data from previously saved QSO (current session only)
- [NEW] Added more automated massive QSO update capabilities in QSO Management screen
- [NEW] Added massive award confirmation status functions on Award Statistics page
- [NEW] Award export now has more options and support WWFF and POTA ADIF output with SIG/MY_SIG/SIGINFO/MY_SIGINFO output
- [NEW] Added option to avoid label printing on LAST ROW of the sheet. This will enable usage of NON BORDERLESS printers. New parameter is in the LABEL DEFINITION
- [NEW] Added Color support on labels. New parameter is in the LABEL DEFINITION
- Send SEND SPOT button relocated near operator name in main UI
- Award references can now be searched by ALL fields in the reference itself, not only reference code.
- Renamed AWARD STATISTICS into AWARD STATUS
- Hamlib RIG_PASSBAND_NOCHANGE implemented. That should fix the narrow filter issue in Hamlib on mode change, on radio that supports this command
- UPDATED voacap statistic engine
- Added SEND SPOT capabilities to Contest and winkeyer screen
- Band map scroll and spot placement optimizations
- Band map can now follow radio band
- Award statistics columns made resizable
- Antenna identification routine optimized
- Cluster detected “SPOT MODE” overrides emission type from bandplan value to real mode emission type
- Maximum number of open external Band Map reduced to 1
- [FIX] Band order in station radio/antenna configuration properly sorted on ADD list
- [FIX] EQsl/LOTW download date no more moved to -1 years from today when multiple download requests are performed in the same day
- [FIX] PSE QSL * now marks correctly QSO that require QSL confirmation in label print
- [FIX] Fixed issue in QSO Edit for references not selectable even if set invalid after QSO date (id #299)
- [FIX] Fixed twice MY_STATE adif tag export.
WSJT-X v2.2.1 is a bug fix release that fixes regressions found in the prior v2.2.0 release.
Here is a brief summary;
– Incorporate a revised Hamlib version the address a regression in rig control of some rigs including the Yaesu FT-991 and FT-891. – Repair a defect in 6 character gridsquare lookup from the CALL3.TXT database, and improve “Lookup” button processing.
– Repair a defect with selecting Wide Graph 2D spectrum types in translated UIs. – Repair a regression that blocked the Highlight Callsign UDP request from highlighting terms including a ‘+’ character.
– Repair a defect that caused hash code lookups of one’s own call to fail after an extended period of inactivity, when operating with a non-standard callsign.
– Repair a regression where occasional Highlight Callsign UDP requests with the ‘Highlight last’ parameter as true highlighted a match in a prior period. This fix include a performance improvement when processing any Highlight Callsign request with ‘Highlight last’ as true.
– Include support for the Yaesu FT-920 when controlled by Ham Radio Deluxe. This change inadvertently missed the v2.2.0 GA release.
– Correct a documentation issue with the UDP Message Protocol Status(1) message Special Operations Mode enumeration values (“WW DIGI added”, Fox, and Hound renumbered). Thanks to Sam, W2JDB, for raising this issue.
– Updated Catalan UI translation, tnx Xavi, EA3W.
– Italian UI translation, tnx Marco, PY1ZRJ.
– Updated Spanish UI translation, tnx Cedric, EA4AC.
Update WSJT-X 2.2.0
– Significant improvements to the decoders for FT4, FT8, JT4, JT65, and WSPR.
– New format for “EU VHF Contest” Tx2 and Tx3 messages When “EU VHF Contest” is selected, the Tx2 and Tx3 messages (those conveying signal report, serial number, and 6-character locator) now use hashcodes for both callsigns.
This change is NOT backward compatible with earlier versions of _WSJT-X_, so all users of EU VHF Contest messages should be sure to upgrade to version 2.2.0.
– Accessibility Keyboard shortcuts have been added as an aid to accessibility: Alt+R sets Tx4 message to RR73, Ctrl+R sets it to RRR. As an aid for partial color-blindness, the “inverted goal posts” marking Rx frequency on the Wide Graph’s frequency scale are now rendered in a darker shade of green.
– User Interface Translations have been enabled. Translations are now available for Catalan, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, and Hong Kong Chinese.
Additiional languages will follow, when available. Note that UI translation is automatic, based on your system primary language. If you do not want the WSJT-X UI translated to your local language then start WSJT-X with the ‘–language=en’ command line option: wsjtx –language=en
If you wish to contribute by authoring WSJT-X UI translations please join the new discussion group wsjtx-l10n@Groups.io (https://groups.io/g/wsjtx-l10n), where help from other translation authors and coordination with the development team is available.
– Minor enhancements and bug fixes “Save None” now writes no .wav files to disk, even temporarily.
An explicit entry for “WW Digi Contest” has been added to “Special operating activities” on the “Settings | Advanced” tab.
Contest mode FT4 now always uses RR73 for the Tx4 message. The Status bar now displays the number of decodes found in the most recent Rx sequence.
The “Highlight Callsign” UDP message has been enhanced to allow clearing of old highlighting for a specified callsign. Please note a recommended restriction on the use of this message in the documentation here: https://tinyurl.com/y85nc3tg
– Hamlib – this library which we use for direct rig control has had many defect repairs and enhancements, we thank the contributors to that project for their work.
Release note – Version 188.8.131.52
⦁ [NEW] Serial winkeyer devices are now supported (added DTR pin HIGH on WK initialization)
⦁ [NEW] Added ADIF import checks for missing BAND/MODE. Log4OM tries to recover band from frequency if available. If found and MODE is missing, the mode will be retrieved from the bandplan as best match.
⦁ [NEW] New Station management. You can now create multiple configurations with different radio and antenna. Each antenna under specific radio can be set to be the preferred antenna for the indicated radio when working on the indicated band
⦁ Increased to 60″ the wait-on-shutdown maximum time.
⦁ Added 45 seconds timeout to LOTW TQSL call on shutdown. Small optimizations on TQSL start parameters.
⦁ Added “you have been spotted” message on user interface (main, contest, winkeyer)
⦁ Improved USA-CA identification routine by adding capability to concatenate 2 database fields in award manager with an optional separator (STATE – CNTY fields)
⦁ Added reference rescan on QSO EDIT save
⦁ Optimizations on PTT key routines
⦁ Updated Libya, Georgia, Kosovo, South Sudan, ITU, San Marino flags
⦁ Added ARRL prefix tooltip over country flag on country user control
⦁ Removed (opt) label in External Services LOTW Configuration
⦁ Added log screen in QSO update window with details of activities
⦁ Label print search data optimizations
⦁ Award confirmation routine (import) now sets the reference if missing in the originally saved QSO
⦁ Award confirmation (import) routine now sets the reference in the COMMENT field
⦁ Fixed HRDLog qso upload random failure
⦁ Clublog uploads marked as DUPE will be considered valid and QSO will switch to SENT=YES
⦁ MOTD interface improvements
⦁ [FIX] MY CQZone was changed in program configuration under some circumstances when QSO is logged from external applications
⦁ [FIX] Contest mode START/END time fixed UTC issues
⦁ [FIX] CQ Zone set to zero when importing from JT applications fixed
⦁ [FIX] Fixed rotator commands in Winkeyer and Contest screen
⦁ [FIX] Added missing fields to HRDLOG data upload
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue on Winkeyer initialization (WK_Range)
Includes Callsign database file version 2020-05-08 (2020-May-08)
– WSJT-X 2.2.0 FT8: Callsign clearing time adjustments for early decodes.
– Log QSO times: Default setting for recording seconds in QSO times changed from off to on. This will apply to new JTAlert installs, existing users will need to manually enable the setting if they want seconds recorded.
– /MM callsigns: No longer alert on DXCC, CQZone or Continent.
– https queries: Lookup of Callsigns online for text messages and available update checks changed from using https to http. This was done due to a number of Win7 & Win8 users with older OS installs, lacking modern SSL support, failing to correctly establish SSL connections.
– Log QSO date: When logging old QSOs with a date before 2019, the current UTC date was substitued.