Candidate Release for WSJT-X Version 1.8.0-rc3
Release: WSJT-X Version 1.8.0-rc3
October 16, 2017
Most (but not all) changes since Version 1.8.0-rc2 involve user
control of the increasingly popular FT8 mode. The “RC3” release also
includes minor bug fixes and updates to the WSJT-X User Guide.
The following list includes all of the more important changes:
– New optimization of GUI for simplex and split behavior in FT8 mode.
1. Checkbox “Lock Tx Freq” on main window is relabled “Hold Tx Freq”.
2. Double-clicking on decoded mesages that do not contain your own
call moves both Rx and Tx frequencies. If the first callsign is
your own call, only Rx freq moves.
3. Double-clicking on decoded messages moves the Rx frequency. If
“Hold Tx Freq” is checked, Tx frequency is moved only if CTRL was
4. Clicking on the waterfall moves Rx and Tx frequencies as
before: Rx only on a simple click, Tx only on SHIFT-click, and
both on CTRL-click. This happens even if “Hold Tx Freq” is
Read more here……