GridTracker v1.21.0407 : https://gridtracker.org/downloads/
An Amateur Radio Companion by the Amateur Radio Community
This is the 2nd hot-fix open source release. We would like to thank everyone that
found things that did not work or didn’t work exactly right and brought them to
our attention as well as everyone that has brought us suggestions for
Stephen ‘Tag’ Loomis has graciously made GridTracker open source. That means
we can all work together to make it better. ‘Tag’ has decided to spend more time
focusing on other projects, but there is a new core team of developers who are
working to keep things current and continue on his great work.
GridTracker is now:
Copyright © 1998-2020 by Stephen ‘Tag’ Loomis
Copyright © 2020-2021 by GridTracker.org
All rights reserved.
GridTracker uses the OSS compliant BSD 3 Clause License
Source code is available at GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gridtracker.org/gridtracker
• mp3 alerts from previous version now work correctly
• callook lookup preference now stored
• call roster WSJT-X/JTDX instance label/checkbox overlap fixed
• new icon to request ClubLog OQRS QSL
• add eQSL check in log file processing
GridTracker v1.21.0407 : https://gridtracker.org/downloads/
The Microsoft .NET 5 desktop runtime is required to be installed for this version of JTAlert (and all future versions). The JTAlert installer will automatically run a runtime check utility which will offer to install the necessary runtime if it is not detected installed on your PC.
Important note regarding Q65 mode: Q65 support is only partial.Accurate Q65 B4 checks and Q65 logging are fully supported.There is no Alerting for Q65 DXCCs, States, Grids, Prefixes, etc.Includes Callsign database file version 2021-04-05 (2021-Apr-05)
*** Important: Please review the new “JTAlert 2.50 features” help file for a complete description (with loads of images) of the new Callsigns,Activity, Messaging & BandHeat windows and the location of their respective settings. See under the “Help” window of the main JTAlert window or the shortcut in the “HamApps JTAlert” Windows start-menu group.
– Callsigns window: This replaces the old callsigns display grid embedded in the main JTAlert window. This window is fully resizable with no limit on the number of Callsigns displayed, except for available screen space and the number of decodes produced at the end of a period.
– Messaging window: This replaces the old Text Messages window. It will show both sent and received messages and retain them for 7 days. Previously sent/received messages can be saved for reuse. The message limit is 2048 character (old window was 256 characters).
– Activity window: This replaces the old Mode Activity window. It is resizable, supports the new FST4 and Q65 modes as well as the 560m, 8m, & 5m bands. Individual bands and modes can be turned off and not displayed.
– Band Heat window: This replaces the old Activity Bands display that was embedded in the main JTAlert window. It is now an independent window, supports the 560m, 8m & 5m bands, and can be set to display vertically or horizontally (the default). Individual bands can be turned off and hidden.
– Decodes window: Frequency column can be set to either KHz or MHz.
– QSL flags: The Lotw and Eqsl flag positions on the Callsigns display and Decodes window are no longer changeable. They are fixed in location.
Lotw -> bottom left of the Callsign.
Eqsl -> bottom right of the Callsign.
– Hotkeys: No longer user-changeable, they are now hard-coded.
F1 -> Help window F2 -> Settings window
F3 -> Callsigns window F4 -> Decodes window
F5 -> Text Messages widow F6 -> Call History window
F7 -> Alert Status window F8 -> Macros window
F9 -> not used F10 -> not used
F11 -> Activity window F12 -> BandHeat window
Alt + H -> Open browser to HamSpots.net Alt + Q -> Open browser to QRZ.com
– Callsign Display Grid: Has been removed and is now a separate, resizable window, simply called the “Callsigns” window.
– Text Messages Window: Now called “Messaging” Window, is only launchable
from the JTAlert first instance (#1).
– WSJT-X: B4 & Ignored callsigns are now highlighted in WSJT-X when they are hidden in JTAlert due to filtering.
– Menus: Several menus associated with the new Windows introduced with this release (Activity, Messaging & Callsigns) have been removed from the main JTAlert window. All necessary options/settings for these new windows can be set from the Options popup for each of these windows.
– Q65 mode: Callsigns not being displayed in the Callsign display and decodes not being displayed in the Decodes window.
– DXKeeper: non-AG eQSL member QSLs marked as “received” incorrectly considered as confirmed when running the Alert database rebuild. That is QSOs marked as confirmed from non-AG callsigns will no longer be considered during the rebuild.
– HRDLogbook V6+: Lat & Lon data missing from logging instruction sent to Log via its TCP interface
– Text Messages: Online status randomly incorrectly shows offline when the Callsign is online and has been sending messages.
– JTAlert debug data: Some session files not being truncated as part of the automated maintenance routines.
– JTAlert Installer: The desktop shortcuts checkbox settings when the installer was last run are now remembered and restored.
Release note – Version 184.108.40.206
⦁ [NEW] Added support to Hamlib 4.2
⦁ [NEW] Added dual VFO hamlib capability by supporting new “VFO mode” parameter (Enable VFO Mode in hamlib configuration screen)
⦁ [NEW] Cluster alert email notifications.
Mail server can be configured from Program Configuration under “Program Settings / E-mail settings” menu.
Alert destination list can be configured from Program Configuration under “Software Configuration / Cluster / Alerts” menu
⦁ [NEW] Added PFX (prefix) field on main UI and QSO EDIT. In Contest and Winkeyer the field is automatically saved without data presentation on user interface.
⦁ [NEW] Added new massive update feature in QSO Management / QSO Checks section for PFX data
⦁ Log4OM will not update IOTA and SOTA archives anymore if the user set IOTA and SOTA awards in the deactivated awards list. This option is recommended to speed up Log4OM interface when those awards are not used at all. User manual update request will force the update in any case.
⦁ Changed format of hamlib riglist file. You can regenerate hamlib_riglist.txt from a newer hamlib release using “rigctl -l >hamlib_riglist.txt” and moving the produced file to the config folder
⦁ Added PFX field in QSO Edit screen
⦁ Added capability to identify award related callsigns on main UI when data is coming from user input rather than cluster
⦁ Small optimization in cluster simulation function
⦁ Improved precision of gridsquare representation in map
⦁ Added capability to show up to 2 association data in the QSO grids. Associations can be customized from settings/user preferences. Associations can now be searched from grid search functions
⦁ External resource manual update is now performed through the scheduler and not in real time. Expect it running in the next 30″
⦁ Added a parameter on SUPPORT REQUEST form to remove all passwords related to amateur services from log. This may prevent users from receiving valid support if the issue is related to a communication process and we can’t reproduce. Please note that LOG may contain some residual passwords.
Please note we NEVER export (in support requests) or log anything containing your email user/password, if configured.
⦁ [FIX] QSO distance field not always calculated on ADIF import
⦁ [FIX] Fixed missing cleanup of the statistical matrix on cleanup
⦁ [FIX] IOTA, IOTA_ISLAND_ID and SOTA csv export issue fixed
⦁ [FIX] IOTA_ISLAND_ID export issue in ADIF output fixed
⦁ [FIX] State field not correctly populated from cluster in main UI
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue that prevented association data to be saved correctly under some circumstances
⦁ [FIX] Fixed issue that prevented correct identification when uploading QSO to HRDLOG using a callsign different from the one registered in HRDLOG (eg. /P)
– Merged wsjtx 2.3.0
– fixed dark mode issues
– fixed AutoCQ filtering
– RXFreq now set to TXFreq when QSO logged or HALT pressed
– JTAlert 2.16.17 now working
The main improvement of MULTIPSK 4.45
PSK125R/250R/500R modes coding/decoding
The “R” means “Robust”, this because the modulation is the PSKxyzF one, at which it is added an interleaving.
The PSKR modes (initially created on the Fldigi program) are fast, robust and sensitive.
The advised frequencies are 1838, 3570, 7070, 14070, 18101, 21070 and 28120 kHz.
These modes are in freeware, so without time limitation. See general specifications below.
Other improvements: new POCSAG.TXT file for correspondences “Address – Name” managed by the user.
PSK125R/250R/500R modes description
Created by: John (Jean-Yves) Douyere (VK2ETA) and David Freeze (W1HKJ) in 2009 on Fldigi
Baud rate : 125 for PSK125R, 250 for PSK250R, 500 for PSK500R
Speed : 84 wpm (average) for PSK125R, 168 wpm for PSK250R, 336 wpm for PSK500R
Modulation : DBPSK
Reception mode: indifferent (LSB or USB)
Character set : ASCII characters + almost all ANSI extended characters + a backspace character (“Varicode” characters)
Shape of pulse : raised cosine
Bandwidth : about 260 Hz for PSK125R, 500 Hz for PSK250R, 1000 Hz for PSK500R
Synchronization: automatic using the signal
Correction code: no
Convolution code: R(Rate)=1/2, K (Constraint length)=7 with Viterbi type decoder, both coder outputs being sent successively,
Interleaving : on 82 bits with 40 diagonal interleavers in series, on a square elementary matrix 2×2 for PSK125R, on 162 bits with 80 interleavers for PSK125R,on 322 bits with 160 interleavers for PSK500R Drift tolerance : 2 Hz/sec (depending on signal-to-noise ratio) for PSK125R, 4 Hz/s Hz for PSK250R, 8 Hz/s for PSK500R
Lowest S/N: – 9 dB for PSK125R, – 6 dB for PSK250R, – 3 dB for PSK500R
Release: WSJT-X 2.3.0 Feb 2, 2021
WSJT-X 2.3.0 General Availability release adds the new modes FST4 and FST4W along with many defect repairs.
See summaries below and for the prior release candidates (2.3.0-rc1 through -rc4) of this version for details.
– FST4/W: Disable envelope shaping at start and end of transmission when environment variable FST4_NOSHAPING=1. Works for fst4sim too.
– Add time stamp to error message boxes to aid diagnosis. – Repair a defect that caused crashes at start up for some macOS Big Sur users.
– Repair a defect that could cause the jt9 slow mode decoder process to exit incorrectly with a failure status.
– Updated CTY.DAT file.
NEW: Transceiver control: added support to Yaesu FTDX-10.
NEW: Membership panel: Added Tortugas CW.
NEW: CW Type: Added shortcuts for TX button (Shift+Ctrl+T) and Pause button (Shift+Ctrl+P).
NEW: Logbook view: added some interesting queries for US County award.
NEW: Reports: added a QSL card 9×14 format as well as a couple of label formats designed for satellite operation.
Corrected: WSJT-X/JTDX UDP Link: HomeQTH field was not filled when passing QSO from WSJT-X causing “QTH Name: An input value is required for this field” error message.
Corrected: QSO Entry: Swisslog freezes activating CW Type or CW Get.
Corrected: QSO Entry: Swisslog freezes or become irresponsive if no replying for a long time some messages such as “Modifications are not saved! Save now ?”
Corrected: QSO Entry: entering WWFF references having associated an IOTA reference caused “PQTH: Dataset not in edit or insert mode” error message.
Corrected: Open logbook: continuous Violation Access error messages if using rotor control connected to a COM port.
Corrected: Callbook support: Middle and Family names were not set in the Operator field if using internet databases and checked in the field copy instructions.
Improved code to detect first name, middle name and family name from QRZ, QRZCQ and HAMQTH.
Corrected: DX window > selection criteria: bands were not saved when enabling bands previously unchecked.
Updated: 30MDG, AGCW, ARLHS, BCA, CLUBLOG, CWOPS, DCE, DCI, DEE, DEFE, DERESP, DFCF, DIG, DME, DMVE, DOK, EA QRP, EPC, eQSL, ERC, FISTS, FOC, FT8DMC, HSC, IOTA, LYNX, LOTW, MF, NDG, RDA, SKCC, SOTA, TBDXC, TEN TEN, URE, USI, WCA and WFF statistics on 23/01/2021
Ver. 3.0 build (5 January 2021 )
+ Horizontal bandmap: add band-buttons panel
+ Horizontal/Vertical bandmaps: add menu “Show buttons panel”
+ JTActive calls window: add menu’s ‘Hide..’
+ Cluster, Bandmap’s windows – menu “Show only colored spots” – if checked – will be showing only spot, colored in Setup->Color setup for country status
+ Add LU and PY areas to country_district.dat (Tnx PY5EJ)
+ Add User4..10 fields convert to/from ADIF. ! Bugs fixed.
JTDX 2.2.0 rc155
Cumulative changelog of rc155
– added latest WSJT-X changes to message packing/unpacking
– option to hide hint notification char, control via Notifications tab of configuration settings
– patch to band scheduler functionality
– toggle skipTx1 when user’s callsign is changed between standard and non-standard one
– option to add distance of QSO in comments of the QSO ADIF record, control via Reporting tab of configuration settings
– displaying output power functionality is updated to recently introduced Hamlib RF_POWER_METER_WATTS
– let user to get/refresh audio device list from operating system, ‘Refresh’ button is added into Audio tab of configuration settings
– update serial port list on launching JTDX configuration settings
– allow to use old CMake versions for building JTDX under Win32
– withdrawn restriction of writing UHF/VHF band change to ALL.TXT file under ‘allow TX frequency change while transmitting’ option
– added 8m band
– patch: ensure mode change on rig at acceptance of the configuration settings changes if USB or Data/Pkt is selected in JTDX ‘Radio’ tab settings
– ALLCALL7.TXT update as of 20201228, big cty as of 20201223, LoTW list update as of 20201228
– translation updates
NEW: Transceiver control: added support for Flex Radio CAT. This option allows you to handle any Flex Radio from 3xxx or 5xxx series. Also allows to connect remotely to any Flex Radio 3, 5 or 6 series. Please read the chapter Transceiver control in the Swisslog help!.
NEW: Transceiver toolbar: added a button to start/stop transceiver control
NEW: Added the MyQTH field in the default logbook queryNEW: SOTA hunters: added 2 new queries in the SOTA folder to be used in Logbook views: SOTA activator / SOTA chaser for CSV exporting. These queries are specially designed to export into CSV in the format required by the SOTA web site to submit your logs (either as chaser or activator). If you are activator, it’s mandatory you create a new MyQTH for every activation and set the summit reference you have activated in the My QTH Abbreviation name field. When you export using the SOTA activator query the CSV file will have the required format.
NEW: World map: added an option called “Update map automatically”. By default this option is enabled. When a QSO is saved or modified the world map is refreshed automatically to reflect changes in the DXCC / Grid statistic status. In older computers this operation may delay a lot the saving procedure, above all if the ALL option is selected in Gridquares. Disable this option if you experience long delays when saving QSOs and the world map function is open.
NEW: the WWFF list now includes IOTA reference. After entering a WWFF reference which is also IOTA, the IOTA field will be set automatically.
Improved: updated some components in the compiler used for Cw Skimmer, MultiPSK and PstRotator link. Also enhanced some parts of the code to improve performance and stability.
Improved: Import QSO:
HomeQTHs creation has been improved a lot to avoid creating unnecessary HomeQTH.
Merge QSO option will only be enabled if there are already QSOs in the Swisslog database.
ADIF import: deleted the option to check if ADIF file contains SUBMODE. Now Swisslog detects the ADIF version used in the file to handle the SUBMODE field automatically.
Corrected: Import QSO: checking the Merge QSO option in a blank database caused leaving blank Continent, DXCC, WPX, WAE, WAZ, ITU, Latitude, Longitude and Time Diff. Now this option will be disabled if there are no QSOs in the Swisslog database.
Corrected: ADIF export: Field ADIF_VER was not formatted correctly
Corrected: Swisslog freezes while downloading new country table / statistic databases in slow internet connections or if user took a while to reply the update message.
Corrected: CW Skimmer: Swisslog could not be closed if linked to CW Skimmer or remained in memory after closing being necessary a PC reboot.
Corrected: MultiPSK link: “Asynchronous socket error 10061” if activating the PSK button to start MultiPSK and connection was not established because MultiPSK was not running. Improved link.
Corrected: Transceiver control: if using Flex Radio 6xxx with auto start enabled and IP is wrong, Swisslog was extremely slow and not responsive.
Corrected: Statistics reports: Report names can’t contain commas otherwise Swisslog will be asking to select the report again at next startup. To avoid this, the comma key will be disabled in this field. Replaced comma by hyphen in all standard statistics reports including commas.
Corrected: Membership panel: added a timeout of 3 seconds for online queries to avoid excessive delay showing logos if a website is down after entering a callsign.
Corrected: PstRotator: the SteppIR controller only read frequency sent from Swisslog if using Rotor 2 (Rotor 1, 3 and 4 didn’t work).
Corrected: Make DX announcement window: changed order to send QTH locators. Instead of DX Loc<Prop Mode>My Grid now is My Loc<Prop Mode>Dx Grid. Although there is not an official standard defining formatted DX spots, this way is most commonly used in Dx spots.
Corrected: Rotor interface window: if rotor control was started, this option didn’t show azimuth or elevation until there were a beaming change
Corrected: now the function to update list of members of DIG will only import active members. Previous list included non active or silent key members which were not accepted for DIG awards. In order to set only active members to all your QSOs in your database I suggest to go to Tools > Update QSOs for for Callsign based statistics then UPDATE the INF_DIG.
Corrected: DX announcements: RST added as comments was wrong. RST received from partner was included instead the RST sent by us (the RST we are receiving this station).
Corrected: World map and WinKeyer windows: if set as standalone and not stay on top, it always remained on top.
Corrected: World Map: Renamed Yugoslavia by Serbia
Corrected: WSJT-X UDP settings: added a validation in port fields to only allow values between 1 and 65535.
Corrected: Logbook views > Update County from Callbook databases: separator between State and County for US stations was set to underscore instead of dash. Example: HI_Hawaii instead of HI-Hawaii
Corrected: Tools > Set DME from DCE, DEE…: Parameter [INF_DVGE<]![DME] doesn’t have a default value.
Corrected: transceiver toolbar overlapped with QRZCQ button. Although user can move the toolbar manually, many users don’t do it. Now Swisslog corrects this defect
Corrected: QSO entry (Change layout in Previous and New QSOs tabs): callsign, comments, distance and QTH Locator fields were displayed in German.
Updated: 30MDG, AGCW, ARLHS, BCA, CLUBLOG, CWOPS, DCE, DCI, DEE, DEFE, DERESP, DFCF, DIG, DME, DMVE, DOK, EA QRP, EPC, eQSL, ERC, FISTS, FOC, FT8DMC, HSC, IOTA, LYNX, LOTW, MF, NDG, RDA, SKCC, SOTA, TBDXC, TEN TEN, URE, USI, WCA and WFF statistics on 24/12/2020
Updated country table. THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Erik, EI4KF.
Thank you very much to Guy F6DKQ and Kuno DF1SD for the huge translation work in French/German respectively